Sunday, June 15, 2014

Hapy Father's Day

Before giving an update I decided to post a picture that is bound to make you all smile.  Anytime I am in need of a smile, I open up a file of favorite photos and this one get's me one every time.  



These are our three PK's - AKA "little angels".  PK is short for THE Pastor's Kids.  I am sure you all know some PK's and I bet they are all "little angels" just like ours!

All kidding aside, I wanted to post something for Father's Day.  I know this day can be bitter-sweet for many people, fathers and children alike.  I think we all have experienced a time where our earthly fathers have let us down as well as a time that makes us proud to call him "dad".  I'm also sure there are many fathers that feel like they could have done more for their children at different phases in their lives and some who have sacrificed much for the success of their family.  Some have great earthly fathers while others do not even know who their father is.  Some have great memories with their dad while others have no memories at all.  I am thankful that our children have had mostly great memories with their dad.  I often remind them that despite the fact that he has had so many health problems, they have more great moments with their dad than most have in a lifetime.




I know there are so many situations and scenarios that could describe the modern day father-child relationship.  No matter the father or the memory - one great thing to remember on a day like this is that we all have a perfect Father in heaven who will not let us down, who will always be there and who sacrificed it all for each of us to live eternally with Him! 



I admit that we could use a smile on this Father's Day.  A week ago, Ken was re-admitted to the hospital so we were hoping that he would be able to be home for Father's Day.  We actually made it home Friday night but he got very ill this morning so we had to return to the hospital.  The doctors are rechecking all of the usual things and he is now resting comfortably in his room.  It was not the Father's Day that was planned but God willing, we know that we can pick another day and make it just as special!

4 comments:

  1. We are praying things will get better with the days ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you all. What beautiful pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that Ken is back in the hospital, Lisa. I also know that it feels good to know that he is "safe" there.

    Love the pictures of the kids. That first one is hysterical! I am sure the kids will look back and remember all the good times someday when they are adults. I know I do- I grew up with a Dad that was ill and I remember the good and kind of gloss over the rest. I bet your kids will do the same.

    Have a wonderful week...praying for Ken AND all of you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings to the whole family. Father's Day is a day on the calendar. We are making ours a day different than the calendar's as are you. Thinking of you often.

    ReplyDelete