Friday, May 23, 2014

MAY . . . I Go Home?

As I begin this post I will just share that Ken had to return to the hospital yesterday.  We were very excited to leave the transplant unit the evening of our 25th Anniversary.  We did enjoy a nice dinner with our youngest daughter before making the three hour drive.  Due to complications with the liver it was not a very good day at home so I took him back for care that we are not equipped to offer.
 
He has now spent close to 100 days in the hospital this year.  His MELD score has increased some as the liver is declining on a weekly basis.  It seems that there is a cycle of events that keeps him at the hospital ranging from fevers, to fluid build up, to blood transfusions . . .  We just can't get him free of needing his "partner on wheels".


Earlier this month we expressed to the doctors that MAY was a busy and special month for our family.  Ken wanted to make sure I had a nice Mother's Day. 


He wanted to see our son get ready for prom. 


 He wanted to be home for our anniversary.


He wanted to see our son qualify for the state track meet.


 He wanted to be home for my birthday.


 I'm not sure why it's not working out to be home to be a part of these things, but thanks to technology we are doing our best to bring these special moments to him.

May is not over so MAYbe he will get to come home soon.

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwww...such a disappointment for all of you. I'll continue to pray. Stay strong.

    Hugs,
    Jan ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAYbe June will be the best month. I continue prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa- I have been away from the computer. I am so sorry that Ken is back in the hospital AGAIN!!!! Happy Belated Birthday to you, Lisa. We will catch up soon! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a busy month for your family. I hope you had a happy birthday and had some fun with your family! I'm keeping you both in my prayers and hoping June will be better! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete